Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Woman Behind LMCreations

I had the opportunity to purchase my current purse from Lisa the creator behind LMCreation. You can read the review here. I wanted everyone to get to know a little more about Lisa and her wonderful creations. ;p Here interview is below, enjoy:


Your Name,Company Name & What you Do

My name is Lisa, my company is LMcreation and I make handmade handbags, purses, business card holders ... basically anything that I can sew.

How did you get started or what motivated you to start your own business?

I've been sewing since I was a little girl. I enjoyed crafts and learned to sew making dolls clothes! I've always enjoyed sewing as a hobby and even made some of my own clothes when I was a teenager. I didn't try to sell anything because I didn't really know what to do or have a way to find customers, or even think that people would buy my things.

I think that discovering Etsy motivated me to start LMcreation. Finding a site just for handmade goods and that was friendlier than ebay meant I could set up an online business in a few hours, which was just fantastic. I thought about it for two or three months then started my store in January 2008. I really didn’t know anything about running a business, but luckily that didn’t stop me. I’m still learning a lot and hopefully getting better each month. My husband has been a great help here, and helps out with a lot of the “boring but important” bits like keeping track of the finances when I'm short on time.

What were you doing before the business?

I was, and still am, a working mom with a full time day job. I would love to make LMcreation my full time job one day.

What do you do for fun?

LMcreation definitely counts as fun!! Plus time with family, movies, reading a few books, the usual kind of things.

Where can we find you? Website, Social Media etc?

www.LMcreation.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/LMcreation
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrew_lisa/

If money were no object, what would you do and why?

Quit my day job !!!! Then travel :)



Shea Bath Products
Learn More About Shea Bath

No comments: