Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Uplift & Encourage Women Day - Helping Each Other Out


Last week while riding through my neighborhood, I passed by a farm that had a sign that read "Goats 4 Sale". Now I am not in the market to buy a goat. LOL I am a born and bred city slicker and would not know what to do with a goat. But I do love using goat's milk in the soaps I create.So I stopped by that house to find out if the owner sold goat's milk. She unfortunately was not home, so I left my card. I received a call back from the owner of that farm within 15 minutes.

She educated me on the different types of goats. She was selling meat goats. They produce little to no milk. The goats that I needed were dairy goats. Although she did not have the goats I wanted, she was able to refer me to another individual who had a farm in the vicinity who sold goat's milk. She also clued me onto some other local farmers that may have dairy goats.

That day someone I did not know nor have never met helped me out a great deal. If I kept driving and never took the chance to stop by this farmer's house, I would not have received the wealth of information she passed on to me.

So Sonya (the lady farmer), a big Thank You for giving me something so small that will end up being a big impact for me.

What about you? If you had information that someone else could you use, would you keep it to yourself or would you pass it on?

Shea Bath Products
Learn More About Shea Bath

No comments: