Sunday, August 10, 2008

RIP - Bernie Mac & Issac Hayes

This has been a sad weekend for me. We have lost two great entertainers. One being Bernie Mac(50) on Saturday morning. The other being Issac Hayes (65) on Sunday afternoon.

I saw Bernie Mac live at the Kings of Comedy tour in North Carolina. Out of all the comedians that performed and I love them all, Bernie Mac was the only one that had me on the floor of the Guildford Arena wanting to pass out from laughing so hard. You never know what a person has achieved until a time like this happens. Looking back at his life, he accomplished so very much and was blessed with a talent that took him beyond where he ever expected. I am saddened by this loss because it is as if he was a friend of mine.

The best memory I have of Isaac Hayes, is this classic all white album (yes I said album) that my Daddy still owns till this day. For those of you that are as old as me or older :), it is the one where it opens up like a poster. On the album cover he is dressed in a white robe and hood. If I remember correctly there are three album in that jacket and each and every song listed is better than the other. The famous 15 minute Shaft song continues to ring in mind each and every time I think of him. He will be dearly missed as well.


I truly believe that Isaac Hayes & Bernie Mac are laughing and dancing with my Grandpa in Heaven.

Shea Bath Products
Learn More About Shea Bath

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I couldn't believe it when my husband told me Bernie Mac died. Before our tv broke we used to enjoy watching The Bernie Mac Show at night. It was becoming an addiction because we would laugh so hard.

Its sad a day...

dcyrill said...

@Heidi - Yes it has been a sad weekend. But they are in a better place than us right now.

Munchkins and Music said...

Yes, it is sad! They were great!

Kim said...

I was so saddened to learn of their untimely deaths. Such a loss. And one right on the heels of the other.