Monday, March 10, 2008

A New Earth - Chapter 1







This portion of the book was a conceptual overview of what the author wanted readers to know about the book. You can dub the book New Age or whatever you want. But it was not written for you to change your way of thinking. If you are not looking to change your present state of being then as the author states, it is meaningless. It is a book to help you be more aware of yourself. As the author stated from the telecast on 3/3/2008, “the basis of your life is the present moment”. It is not what happened to you in the past and what you want for your future but now.

One question that Eckhart Tolle posed at the end of our session last week was, “Am I ready to be still?” This hit me like a ton of bricks because my goal for this year and onward is to practice stillness. I did not know if that meant meditation or what. But I now know that just being present is what I was seeking.

You can view last week’s telecast at
www.oprah.com/anewearth. You never know, if you are moving toward deeper spirituality this may enhance what you are doing right now.

Shea Bath Products
Learn More About Shea Bath

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I just started the book. I'm about 30% of the way through though haven't gotten to take the Oprah courses yet (I will, I will ... just gotta find 90 minutes to be still and watch). I'm really enjoying the book thus far and am amazed at the simplicity yet poignancy of the commentary in the book. I am thinking a lot about the book and hoping to make some positive changes from the readings.

dcyrill said...

Good to hear that Anne-Marie.
The simplicity of the book threw me at first. But then I realized I was already applying some of his suggestions to my own life.

Believe me, it has been hard to be able to watch the telecast for 90 minutes with all I have going on. Thank goodness my hubby takes over with our little one when I do. :)

Keep me up to date with your progress.