Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Oprah Book Club - A New Earth

I am taking the 10 week live class with Oprah's Book Club that is focusing on the new book by Eckhart Tolle "A New Earth". Why you might say? I have now idea. I was looking at Oprah one day and toward the end of the show she was discussing the book and spoke with others
that have read the book. I was curious to find out what was the big deal with this book. I have read "The Secret" not because she recommended it, but because of the testimony that I received from my best friend who read it and applied it to her life. Believe me I am a skeptic for alot of things. I am also a spiritual person trying to walk according to how Jesus and the Holy Spirit want me to walk despite falling numerous times (smile). But I figured I would get in on what all the talk was about. I have started me first homework assignment for chapter one and I will say I am more conscious of how I do things. I don't know that I attribute that to the book or to the fact that I have taken the time to slow down in various areas of my life. The live experience was good yesterday until my DSL line wanted to have an attack.
Seems that everyone was having issues because of the increased traffic.

Well I be able to look at the rest of the session without interruption. I will keep you all posted on my progress and whether it is worth the read.


~ Diana ~

No comments: