Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Signs of Spring

Gerbera Daisies are the flowers that give me that happy feeling.

Here are some of the daisies I have encountered this past week:


I had those in my house for a week. As you can see, one did not survive. :(
How she looked was how I felt all week, wilted.




I went to Wally World (Walmart) and started looking in the garden center to see if they had my favorite flowers. This beauty was screaming for me to take her home. LOL So I brought her and a couple of friends and planted her in this window box. It gives me something to look at when I am down or need a pick me up.
What about you? Do you have any signs of Spring where you are? Some of my friends are experiencing snow (yes in April) and rain like never before. What gives you that Spring time feeling?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Diana:

It's your fellow blogger Tish. Yes I have signs of spring. I spent an entire day last week at the Atlanta's Hungar Coalitions' garden. They grow food to feed homeless and low income. Well I got some tomatoe seed and bell pepper seeds and is starting my first urban garden (on a smalls scale, btw). I'm gonna do some cucumber too. I'm too excited. I hope I don't kill them. But I've been keeping them watered. Anyhooo there you go. Nice blog.

dcyrill said...

I hope to be able to taste the spoils of your labor one day.:) You should do fine. Thanks for checking out the blog.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. Definitely brighten up my sallowness right now.

Birds chirping and kids out playing always remind me that the season is changing.

With today's high being in the 50's I'm not so sure what season this is.

dcyrill said...

@jewells,
With the weather tinkering back and forth from 50 to 70 degrees, I agree that the weather is strange.

But one thing is for sure, pollen comes at us whether it is 50 or 70 degrees. :(

Anonymous said...

OKAY. My allergies have been off the chain this year. Makes me want to move out west or to another country.